Friday, June 16, 2017

Quinoa Cakes with Tuna

I was so glad I made this delicious Quinoa cakes for dinner my kids loved it!! Quinoa it's such a great source of protein and the best part it comes from Peru 🇵🇪. Growing up my mom used to make quinoa all the time, she will add Quinoa in all the soups, drinks and mash potatoes. Quinoa it's so delicious and good for you.                                                                                                                      Ingredients: 2 cups of cooked Quinoa ( prefer cold not wet Quinoa) , 2 eggs, 2 cans of tuna fish without the juice, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, salt and pepper,                                                                        Preparation: mix all ingredients together. It's easier if you use your hands to mix and make the cakes the size of a baseball. In a frying pan have some olive oil ready and when oil is medium hot start frying your cakes two minutes in each side. You can serve your Quinoa cakes with sparragus that I previously cooked in the oven with some olive oil salt and pepper. I also have some Mahi Mahi grilled with salt, pepper and fresh Dill.                         

No comments: