Thursday, October 24, 2013

Favorite Quotes and Books

Here is one of my Favorite Books by sister Virginia H Pearce "Extending Forgiveness"
Sometimes Forgiveness is instant, but sometimes it takes time. Forgiveness isn't just between two people. First and foremost, it's between you and the Lord. That is pure love! Our Savior came to earth in order to forgive everyone's' sins. Why is so hard to forgive others? I really want to forgive but I didn't know what to do. We learn that sometimes that forgiveness is instant, but sometimes it takes times. It's so important from our part to have the DESIRE to forgive, making forgiveness our GOAL! even if we can forgive right away.
Forgiveness is not between me and the one who has hurt me, it is between me and the Lord.
Consider the fact that the person we have really offended when we can't extend forgiveness to those who have wounded us is ruptured, and it's a far greater sin to separate ourselves from the Lord. Our Savior went through so much, why we can't forgive others?
President Gordon B. Hinckley said "If there be any.. who nurture in their hearts the poisonous brew of enmity toward another, I plead with you to ask the Lord for strength to forgive"


No comments: