My family and friends love this dish so simple to make.
* 2 lbs yellow potatoes , peeled and boiled
* 1 cup of yellow chili pepper (aji amarillo) ,previously blended with salt. You can find this sauce at the Peruvian store
* 1 lemon
* vegetable oil (if needed)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 skinless chicken breasts , cooked and shredded (10-12 ounces)you can also use tuna or turkey
* 1 red onion , chopped (you can use salary as well)
* 1 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
Mash the potatoes. Allow potatoes to cool until they are comfortable to handle.(not too cold)
Mix the mash potatoes with the yellow peppers sauce, salt and juice from half a lemon. Knead until it forms a smooth paste. If the potatoes don’t stick together well, add a trickle of vegetable oil and continue kneading until it sticks.
In a separate container, season the chopped onion or celery with salt and juice from half a lemon.
In another container, shred the chicken and mix it with half the mayonnaise.
Separate the potato and chili mixture into portions. For a simple presentation, form into a flat mound on a salad plate. For a more elaborate causa, use a round metal spring mold (or a soup can with both ends cut out).
Cover with a layer of the onion mixture and the chicken.
(For simple presentation, use one layer of each component. For elaborate presentation, use multiple thinner layers, ending with potato on the top.).
Chill before serving. Garnish with the rest of the mayonnaise, lettuce, olives or parsley.